Saturday, June 30, 2012

After the Match Meeting--

This trip has flown by.  in the past 48 hours I've been to Arizona, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. That is a lot of traveling to do in that amount of time.

I've already told you in another post about the basic itinerary and all the flights.

We got to Pittsburgh on time, and were picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle. We went to the hotel, kicked back and relaxed for awhile and then we went out to eat at Olive Garden, and walked around a mall for a bit.

When we got back it was a little after 10pm EST, so I got our stuff ready for the Friday, took a shower.. went to bed.. all pretty basic. I was a little nervous, but in general, okay.

We got up at 7:30 and HOLY COW. My nerves had jumped up a few degrees.

We got ready, ate breakfast, and headed down to check out at 9:30. Our car was already outside waiting for us, so we hopped in and off to WV we went. Passing through Ohio on the way.

My husband enjoys meeting new people because he gets to ask them questions, so it kept me pretty entertained on the way hearing the driver talk about his fear of snakes and calling us crazy to live out here where it's so cold.

About an hour later we were in WV and he showed down in front of a tall building to let us out. My nerves came back again, but I was still in check. We went in, found the floor, rode the elevator up and walked into the Agency's office. They greeted us and led us into the "living room". When she opened the door, I expected the parents to be there already.


So we sat and waited. In those 15 minutes my nerves really his a peak. I can't remember being that nervous. Ever.

My stomach was rolling. Every time I heard a noise outside the door I'd think it was them, and then nothing. Finally, the door opened and in they came. We shook hands, sat down and the meeting began.

They may have been nervous, I'm sure they were, but they seemed really calm. Thank gosh for one of the agency ladies in on the meeting, she kept the conversation flowing, and there was never a lag in conversation.

We went through a lot of basic questions. What brought us to surrogacy, what we were open too, communication, etc.

After, my husband and I, along with the IPs, went out to lunch and it was really nice. We talked about our lives and got to know each other a bit more. I asked if they were fine about me blogging/vlogging about the surrogacy and they told me to knock myself out, haha.

Our flights left within a few hours of each other, and the IPs had rented a car, so they'd offered to take us to the airport.

We talked the whole ride back, and when we got out in the airport garage they thanked us and I thought that was it. We walked into the air port and  they stopped near the restroom. The mother had walked away and I went over to the father and said something along the lines of "well,  it was really good to meet you both"

Before responding, he called to her and said "they're leaving!"

She hurried over and both of a huge hug. He hugged me too, and then shook hands with my husband.

We're both supposed to tell the agency on Monday what out decisions are. I know what mine will be. Here's hoping they feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment